Production Blog: What music is horrifying...

 Hello Media Studies Crew, I'm back. Today marks the first class session since we finished editing at my house. I believe today is one of the most difficult dates since we chose our song. When we initially heard about the project, we devised an idea. Kendrick Lamar's song 'United at Grief' was now stuck in my head. When I told my teacher, she told us that we needed permission from the producer/singer or our video would be copyrighted. After she described the procedure of obtaining rights, my colleagues and I began sending an email to TDE Business, Kendricks' production business. After I typed and sent the email. I saw they had returned my email pretty instantly. This was due to their email inbox being filled. It was a good thing we started this process early on so that we could have a backup plan in place. I looked into various means to contact his team, but it was difficult. I then called my group and informed them that it would not be possible to use this song. I also provided them with an alternative website, LICKD, where we could purchase the rights to any music. Unfortunately, we were unable to purchase 'United in Grief'. After doing some research online, we discovered royalty-free music and searched for "spooky." We chose two of the first ones for our film and placed them in scenes with no speech. Despite the lack of lyrics, this music was useful in achieving the desired effect. Our next step will be to obtain peer evaluation to complete our project. Goodbye, Media Studies Crew; the finished product is almost there.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog